Monday, May 18, 2015

Weekend Update // vol 5

This weekend has been a whirlwind for me! First of all I can't believe that we are already more than half way through May. Where is all the time going?! I need to start planning my vacations for the year before it's December and were celebrating 2016. The weekend kicked of with the celebration of my 28th Birthday which was so fun! Friday entailed decorations on my desk, a Sushi Lunch with the girls at work, and hibachi dinner.


Saturday Vin and I spent the day at the Got To Be NC Festival. I've been the past two years, but this year was so much fun! I caught the Tractor pull this year which was one of the coolest things to watch. A vintage tractor with a souped up engine has more power than my V6 engine. The other great part is the Food and Wine Expo presented by Lowe's Foods featuring NC made food products. Later this week I have a great post featuring these local products that you'll want to get your hands on!

We went out to dinner on Saturday night to a place called Driftwood Southern Kitchen. If you are ever in Raleigh, you need to stop and eat here! Their place on dishes is so fun and unique. Everything was served with a special presentation. My dinner came on a mini wooden paddle and the donuts came in a mini fryer basket on a piece of slate. On top of everything looking picturesque, the food was delicious. The Angry Tater Tots which consisted of Tater Toys, Bacon, Candied JalapeƱos, Garlic Aioli and Parmesan Cheese were a perfect blend of flavors. I could have eaten these all night!

FUN FINDS
·· I found the perfect Cookbook Stand at Crate & Barrel to use in the kitchen.
·· Pop Sugar Shared their Summer Produce Guide for your trip to the Farmers Market.
·· Hot Summer days make me crave iced tea. Check out this roundup post with 25 Iced Tea Recipes!

WHAT YOU MAY HAVE MISSED
·· Fresh Strawberry Bread
·· Foodie Resources
·· Cinnamon Buns + Milk Life Bar
·· 5 Ways to Sharpen Your Kitchen Skills


What were you up to this weekend?

5 comments:

  1. Love your update. I tried to do an update of my weekend but this weekend I just stayed in bed so nothing to say lol. You just reminded me of something I needed to get from Crate and Barrel for a housewarming gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated Birthday! Sounds like you had quite a full weekend. I spent mine designing and writing. It was a nice quite weekend. I enjoyed it after a full week.
    It always fun to find local treasures, it makes me feel like a city is home. If that even makes sense. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Happy Birthday and it sounds like you had a very fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My sister lives in North Carolina and has friends in the Raleigh area. I'll have to pass your recommendation along to her! The food sounds scrumptious and that's so cool that they serve the donuts like that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you had an eventful weekend! Wow, you live in Cary...I am in Durham. Cary has a lot of nice treasures...If you are ever in Durham you should stop by Shiki Sushi...they have some really scrumptious sushi.

    ReplyDelete