Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Pineapple Cucumber Salsa // Salsas and Moles

I love to start my weekend off with a trip the the farmers market. Sometimes I'll go with the intention of buying certain fruits and veggies. The stands are filled with the ripest tomatoes and the juiciest watermelons. It can be so inspiring that I end up leaving with things I didn't plan on getting. In the Summer I love to throw together a quick Salsa recipe if I am hanging out at home or with friends to snack on.


When I saw this book I immediately knew I would love it. There is nothing more simple or more rewarding to make than a fresh bowl of salsa. There are also endless amounts of possibilities when it comes to what to put in it or how to flavor it. Salsa and Moles is jam packed with amazing fresh recipes. There is something for everyone from restaurant style, to fruit salsa and even super spicy salsas for those who have more of a tolerance. The heat guide will keep you from making something unexpectedly hot!


I knew when making this Pineapple Cucumber Salsa that it would look amazing. The colors of the pineapple and the cucumber would make for a beautiful treat. The flavor of this salsa will blow you away. At first you get the sweetness of the pineapple and the freshness of the cucumber. Then you get a little bit of heat from the jalapeƱo and red onion followed by the tanginess of the vinegar and lime. This is like a party in your mouth. I loved this sals so much that I doubled the batch. I didn't even have left overs by the end of the day!



Pineapple-Cucumber Salsa

Ingredients

3/4 cup diced ripe pineapple, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
1/2 cup peeled, seeded, and diced cucumber in 1/4-inch pieces
3 tbsp minced red onion
1 jalapeno, stemmed and minced
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp fresh squeezed lime juice
2 tsp white vinegar
1/2 tsp sugar (optional)

Combine all the ingredients in a small bowl. Taste and adjust the seasonings. The seasonings should be strong; if the fruit is not too sweet, you may want to add the 1/2 tsp of sugar. If you happen to have any leftovers, stir and re-season before serving.


Have you made a fruit salsa? What's your favorite combination of flavors?



Disclaimer: I received this book from the Blogging for Books program in exchange for this review, however all views and opinions are 100% my own.

7 comments:

  1. This looks so yummy! Pinning it for later!

    Elle
    Southern Elle Style

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so refreshing! Perfect for Summer. Normally I'm not huge on pineapple, but this is sounding really good to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pineapple in salsa is SO good! I haven't thought to add cucumbers, but that it a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks delicious! I can't have too much tomato because of my acid re-flux, so this may be the perfect alternative. I'm pinning it to try. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds amazing! I love pineapples and a love salsa. I don't know why I've never combined them both.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seriously amazing! I want to make this tonight:)

    ReplyDelete