Monday, May 11, 2015

Fresh Strawberry Bread

I love baking in the Summer more than I do during the Winter months. Don't get me wrong...it's always nice to warm up the house on a cold day by baking something in the oven. Baking is a lot more than just throwing ingredients together and getting something delicious at the end. It's an experience to be enjoyed. There is not a single time where I am baking or cooking in the Summer that I don't have the windows and doors open with music on. My love for Strawberry season has grown over the past few years as I started picking my own more when they were in season rather than buying them in stores during the off season. This recipe for Strawberry Bread is so soft and perfectly sweet, you won't be able to make just one.


Fresh Strawberry bread is a great use for fresh Strawberries because it requires you to do very little to get them ready. Once you have washed off the strawberries and diced them up, they are ready to go. Even if the batch of strawberries you get is a little bit tart, you won't even notice it in the bread. The color of the strawberries change as they cook, making this bread just look amazing with its soft colors. Don't worry, the strawberries don't get over mushy. They hold up really well in the bread so that you still get all that wonderful freshness. The added cream cheese makes this otherwise dense dessert bread, light and fluffy.



Fresh Strawberry Bread

Ingredients

1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 1/2 cups diced strawberries

Directions

1. Grease and flour a 9x5 inch loaf pan.

2. With electric mixer cream butter, sugar and cream cheese until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time. Mix in vanilla.

3. In separate bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Blend flour mixture with butter mixture just until blended. Add buttermilk and only stir until just combined; do not over mix.

4. Carefully fold in strawberries. Dough mixture will be thick.

5. Bake in a 350°F oven for 50 to 60 minutes. If using a non-translucent ceramic pan, cook time may increase. Cover with Aluminum Foil when top starts to brown. Use a cake tester to check if bread is cooked through.



When is your favorite time to bake? What is your favorite dessert bread?

Recipe Adapted from My Baking Addiction



11 comments:

  1. This looks so good! I love making banana bread but I would love to make some strawberry bread.

    http://bobaandpearls.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM!! I am gluten-free, but I now want to make GF-friendly bread and add strawberries to it. They sound like the perfect sweet addition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never had strawberry bread before! This sounds delicious. I usually go for the banana nut bread or coffee cake but I might have to try this...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhhh, bread! I've never had strawberry bread before and this looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this looks amazing! I will have to try this for a family breakfast function...

    xoxo Dani
    www.glamrme.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, I've actually never had strawberry bread, but this looks so good! I love bread and I love strawberries! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks amazing! <3 I've never made strawberry bread before, but I'm definitely going to have to try this out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love when cream cheese is added in desserts. Always makes things taste more yummy. Such a great recipe & a perfect time to try it. My kiddos love strawberries & we are in need of some new recipes. Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks like a delicious recipe to be consumed fresh. I imagine it fills the kitchen with tasty scents. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I tend to bake the most in the winter because of the holidays but I LOVE baking in the summer. It is nice to use the seasonal fruits available. It is like a totally different experience with the flavors. This sounds amazing and wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mmm! I'm not big on bananas, so Strawberry Bread sounds much better to me! My sister-in-law's family owns a big farm here and we get fresh strawberries from them every Spring. I can't wait to try this recipe!

    ReplyDelete