Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Cucumber Mint Water // Infuse

Adding fruits and herbs to your water gives it that little extra flavor that can liven it up. I love coming up with different combinations as different things are in season. It also makes for an extremely refreshing and healthy drink. Instead of adding those mixing you buy in the store, adding fresh flavorings to your water can have positive effects. For example adding a slice of lemon helps aid in digestion. There is no ceiling when it comes to flavoring your water.

When I got the Infuse: Oil, Spirit and Water cookbook I couldn't wait to see what it had to offer. It is filled with so many delicious and fresh recipes. There are teas, vinaigrettes, oils, waters and even a coffee recipe! This book opens your mind to all of the endless possibilities you can make once you being infusing. I love the way each recipe has a break down picture of the ingredients so you know what you are looking to add.


The one thing I noticed about these recipes however, is that they are small. If you are entertaining a large group of people, this is not the best route to go for drinks. The infused liquid goes very well over ice and can be complimented with a garnish of your choice. I found that using part infused liquid and part base water helped spread it out, but also helped to not overwhelm anyone with flavor. I love Cucumber, Mint and Lime in water but this was overpowering and not as refreshing. Be sure to follow the directions for keeping it in the refrigerator because your fruits, veggies and herbs will start to become bitter.


Cucumber Mint Water

Ingredients

12 Slices of Cucumber
4 Slices of Lime
4 Large Sprigs of Fresh Mint
28 oz of Water

1. Combine the cucumber, lime and mint in a 32 oz Mason Jar. Muddle until lightly crushed

2. Add the water, seal and shake for 30 seconds to combine

3. Serve over ice. The infusion will keep in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours



Have you done any infusing? What is your favorite infused creation?


Disclaimer: I received this book from the Blogging for Books program in exchange for this review, however all views and opinions are 100% my own.

11 comments:

  1. What an interesting book! I'm going to have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmm! Infused waters are such a great way to mix up the flavor but keep it calorie-free, sugar/fake sweetner free, and healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I NEED to start infusing my waters more often! I always drink more when I do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh! I'be always wanted to make my own infused water. My friend does it, and it is so delicious! I love how it is a flavorful low calorie drink!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always wanted to try to infuse my water. I just don't drink enough water, so maybe this will help. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw this the other day with the Mason jar and I love infused water. I think I will be purchasing this gadget in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I drink cucumber infused water at home, I feel like I'm at a spa! So refreshing and I drink lots more water when it's infused.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG! I love the idea of this book. I've considered getting in to infusing before.

    Lisa
    http://www.diycreativetherapy.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm going to have to make this! Looks delicious!

    Emma | Seeking the South

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am not a big fan of cucumber but I do love a good cucumber infused water - especially with mint

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm definitely going to have to pick this book up. I gave up soda a few years ago and infused waters became my crutch. I'm allergic to cucumber and can't drink it, but I'll take your word on it. It looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete