Wednesday, May 20, 2015

6 Refreshing Summer Drinks

Living in the South it gets real hot during the Summer months. The kind of heat that makes you want to sit around fanning yourself. Y'all know the kind of heat I'm talking about right? One of those hot summer days where you can't help but make yourself a cold drink! There is something so quenching about a sweet, fruity kind of drink. Whether it's an iced tea, lemonade or some other drink concoction, it's the perfect way to cool off or to surprise your guests when they visit.


Being someone who is not able to drink alcohol, I am always looking for great mocktails as a substitute. These recipes are some of my favorites that are cocktails or even cocktails that can be made without the liquor. I also love finding recipes that bring together fresh fruit and flavors like vanilla, rosemary and jalapeño. Here are six recipes to make whether you are hosting guests or relaxing by the pool on a sunny day.

Jalapeno Watermelon Margarita | Strawberry Coconut Water Cocktail | Strawberry Mango Cooler | Honey Rosemary Lemonade | Grapefruit Rosemary Mocktail | Blackberry Vanilla Mocktail

Once you have your base for the drink the combinations are endless. Last year I made a Lavender Lemonade with a simple syrup. You could easily add mint, vanilla or honey to that for extra flavor. Put the Lavender simple syrup in Iced Tea or Seltzer and you have a completely different drink. This is an easy way to impress your guests and add extra flair to your summer. Want to show off even more? Infuse some sugar with your favorite flavor like vanilla, lavender or mint, and use it to garnish the rim of the glass!

What's your favorite flavor combinator when it comes to drinks?

21 comments:

  1. OH jalapeno... you had me at pretty drinks that might contain jalapenos! Sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That blackberry mocktail is on my menu while I'm still expecting. Blackberry sage lemonades are my favorite, so this will go along nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of these sound delicious, but especially the honey rosemary lemonade!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OO that Blackberry Vanilla Mocktail sounds amazing! They all look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lavender. Lavender. Lavender! I make lavender simple syrup all the time especially in June!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look fantastic. I am headed to check out the Blackberry Vanilla mocktail. yum!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lavender lemonade sounds delightful for hot weather! I think I'd want to try the jalapeño-watermelon margarita but would be too scared!

    Chloe | Wanderlust in the Midwest

    ReplyDelete
  8. That margarita looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. both the coconut water and the rosemary grapefruit drinks sound so refreshing!!

    Stop by and chat :) | http://storybookapothecary.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. All of these look perfect for summer! Thanks for sharing! Pinning! Stopping by from Hump Day Happenings :)

    xoxo Alexis @ Chemistry Cachet
    www.chemistycachet.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes! I want them ALL!!!! Definitely saving these ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These all sound so refreshing! I want to try them all

    xoxo Dani
    ww.glamrme.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness! Pinning this roundup because around here summertime means pool time and these drink recipes will be put to good use!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm not in the south like you are, but I still love a good, cold drink in the heat! Blackberry vanilla sounds AMAZING! Definitely going to give it a try :)

    Lindsey
    http://hhandtw.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm pinning this one for sure! When I make these mocktails I'll be the hostess with the mostess! They all look incredibly delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Summer drinks are my favorite I normally stick to strawberries but this year I am going to try something with peach and mango.

    ReplyDelete
  17. YUM!! These all look SO delicious! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I can't even decide which sounds more delicious!! I want to try them all. Which one is your personal preference???

    cominguprosestheblog.com

    ReplyDelete