Monday, April 20, 2015

Weekend Update // vol 4

I feel like it has been raining for a week straight now. My poor tomato plant is bent over, wilted and drowning from the constant showers. It would just make it so much easier to wake up on Monday morning if the sun was out. In the end the rain could not stop my productivity which I am so glad for. I was super tempted to just stay under the covers and have a Friends Marathon. I am at the end of Season 7 and am so anxious to just know how everything is going to end.


This past week in my small group we were having a discussion about the book 'The Best Yes' by Lysa Terkeurst. Saying no to things is not necessarily my problem, but rather focusing on making myself better and having a schedule so that I am able to say Yes to things without sacrificing my needs. I hope that doesn't sound too selfish, because it is not meant to be. Rather, I find myself, constantly saying "I don't have time" or "I just didn't get to it." I had read somewhere that if you continuously do something for 30 days in a row, it will become a habit. In setting goals for this week I decided that it was time to make myself stick to a schedule and in doing so it will become a routine which I desperately need. Here are the goals that I set for myself this week!

This Weeks Goals:

-Create a Food Plan- I put together a list of everything I will be eating each day so that I can pack my lunch easily everyday and get everything prepared ahead of time.

-Hit the Gym- I always end up making plans for after work or end up coming home and just being lazy. It's so hard to stay motivated once I get home after working! I set out my work out clothes for the week and found all the classes I want to go to.

-Get my Blog on Track- This suffers more than anything because I don't make it a priority. This is something I truly enjoy doing so this is where I kill two birds with one stone: Productivity & Happiness.


Did you have a productive weekend? Do you prefer having a set schedule or something more relaxed?

3 comments:

  1. I have been meaning to read that book! One of these days I'll remember to order it from Amazon. Good luck with your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've had a ton of rain recently too... those grey days make me want to do nothing!! Its good that it didn't stop you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your poor tomato plant! I'm so tired of the rain!

    ReplyDelete