Thursday, April 16, 2015

Movie Screening // The Age of Adaline

I have always been semi jealous of the people who get to see a movie that I am really excited to see before it opens. There have been so many movies over the years what I have been anxious to see. I went to see all of the Harry Potter movies at midnight when they came out. A lot of books that I have read, wound up being turned into movies and there is an excitement that builds around going to see the movie.

Last night I was part of a select group that was invited to a screening event for the movie 'The Age of Adaline.' I have been eyeing up this movie since I saw the trailer. Blake Lively has been one of my favorite actresses after watching her in Gossip Girl and Sisterhood of The Traveling Pants. There was also something dreamy about the overall look of this movie from the trailer to the posters and ads.


"After miraculously remaining 29 years old for almost eight decades, Adaline Bowman has lived a solitary existence, never allowing herself to get close to anyone who might reveal her secret. But a chance encounter with charismatic philanthropist Ellis Jones reignites her passion for life and romance. When a weekend with his parents threatens to uncover the truth, Adaline makes a decision that will change her life forever."-IMDB

The Age of Adaline combines a love story and a mysterious phenomenon seamlessly. Sometimes when movies are too unbelievable, it makes it hard to have an emotional connection. With The Age of Adaline, the love story between the main character and the curiosity of how this story will end blended perfectly. The story was wrapped together with flashbacks as it continues through the current timeline. The chemistry between Blake Lively and Michiel Huisman had an old school feel, yet still fun and youthful. I haven't felt this way about a movie since 'The Notebook' and the undeniable bond between Rachel McAdams and Ryan Gosling.

The Age of Adaline is a timeless romantic movie. As I was leaving the screening event, I couldn't help but think about when I could go and see it again. I wish this was based on a book that I could read because I enjoyed the story and wouldn't be able to put it down.

Are you going to see The Age of Adaline when it hits the big screen on April 24th?

2 comments:

  1. I've seen the commercials for this and am so glad that it's as good as it looks! Now to convince my husband to go see a chick flick...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been waiting for the reviews to see if this as good as the trailers look! I am totally going to see this one!

    ReplyDelete