Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Deep Breath + Life Snapshot

TESTING...testing...123...is this thing on? The last couple weeks have been quite a journey. I have been taking a lot of time to focus on myself and to set some personal goals. At the start of 2015 I had a very different image of what my life would look like. Instead I am finally seeing a light at the end of a very long tunnel and I am soaking up every second of it. Seeing all of the pieces of my life finally fall into place has been sort of amazing. I feel like a bear waking up from it's winter slumber, stretching and yawning, enjoying this new season.

It takes a lot out of a person when they go through job instability. So much in fact that when you land your dream job, you don't take the time to appreciate your achievement. Throughout all the jobs I had after I graduated college, I was still asking myself "What Do You Want To Be When You Grow Up?" I can finally answer that question and now is my chance to work hard and to achieve everything I want in my professional career. More than anything I am happy and for the most part, stress free. I have been able to take a deep breath and know that the my career has a path and as long as I work hard and continue to learn, the stability I have been looking for is attainable.

The one thing I am struggling with is getting myself on a routine. When I was in college, I always had somewhere to be and something to do. There were things keeping me on track; I would eat at the same three times a day, have softball practice every day and then all of that would fit around my class schedule. Now being forced to pull all of my extracurriculars together and fit them around my work schedule is a task. One that I have yet to check off on my list of things "To Do".


Here is a snapshot of what life has looked like since I've been gone. There are so many exciting posts coming this way, I can't wait to share with all of you. Happy Tuesday!

-I've been able to take a couplet trips up to see my boyfriend while he is still living in Northern Virginia. We've finally been able to start eating out and trying new places. I am currently addicted to donuts from a place in Alexandria called Sugar Shack Donuts.

-Lately I have been spending a lot of time with my cousin Gina which makes me so happy because she has always been like a best friend to me and we are having so much fun these days!

-I finally was able to get my hair cut and lets just say there is no shortage for selfies on my iPhone.

-Have you ever had a Pistachio Muffin? Well up until St. Patricks Day this year I had not and now...I am addicted. Be on the look out for a recipe coming your way soon because I cannot stop thinking about these.

-After getting a few more snow/ice storms, the weather is evening out and we have finally been able to fire up the grill and make some kabobs.

-Since yesterday was National Puppy Day I included a picture of my favorite pup because she is also something I cannot get enough of. I can only hope that when I get my own dog that he/she has as much love to give as her.


PS..this shout out is for Alison who constantly holds me accountable for this little space I share with all of you!

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading this little update! I'm glad to hear you are in such a good place with work and life in general. Oh and pistachio muffins sound incredible! I've never had one, but now I want to try one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenna I may have to mail you some because they are literally the best muffin I've ever had!

      Delete