Thursday, February 5, 2015

Peanut Butter Fruit Dip

Being someone who loves to cook and bake, it makes it very hard to walk the line between making dishes that are indulgent and making dishes that are healthy. I am not very good at going on "diets" that deprive you of eating most of the food you enjoy. I have found that for me it makes a lot more sense to rework a recipe so that it is tuned to be more healthy that indulgent.


When I was in middle school I took a cooking class as part of a creative summer school. It was the one thing I always looked forward to when school was out. I got to take a lot of fun classes including pottery, animation and cooking! This recipe for Peanut Butter Fruit Dip came from that class and I have been making it for years. The problem?--It was loaded with sugar and calories! I have read a lot about using Greek Yogurt as a substitute in recipes to make them more health conscious, but did not have a lot of luck. For this dip I swapped out the cream cheese for greek yogurt, traded honey for powdered sugar and loved the results!


The thing I love about this Fruit Dip is that more likely than not, you probably have all of these ingredients on hand! It whips together so quick making a good choice if you forget that you are supposed to bring a dish somewhere. The fruit dip is light and fluffy and holds up really well so you could make it a day in advance for a party and then cut the fruit up the day of.


Peanut Butter Fruit Dip
2 (5.3 oz) containers Chobani Vanilla Greek Yogurt
1/3 C. Peanut Butter
1 Tbsp. Honey
1/4 tsp. Vanilla Extract

Directions

Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix together. Slice up your choice of fruit to serve with it. Make sure if you choose Banana's that you slice them on the larger side so that they are more sturdy when dipping.

Have you used Greek Yogurt as a substitute? What are your favorite recipes to swap ingredients out for Greek Yogurt?

7 comments:

  1. This looks SO good! I've had fruit dips before, but never peanut butter! I can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, this sounds so good! I have used greek yogurt as a substitute several times, and I usually like it better than the original ingredient!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peanut Butter Fruit Dip Sounds AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds so good! I bet my kids would love this! I might experiment with swapping the peanut butter out for Almond Butter too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this and will have to try out soon!! it looks so yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks delicious! I'll be trying that ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How long will it last in the fridge?

    ReplyDelete