Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Weekend Update // vol 3

This week is going by so fast, I am finding it hard to keep my days and dates straight! Does that ever stop happening? I feel like there is never a time when I find myself saying time is moving slowly. Soon it will be the Summer and I will be wondering where the first half of this year went! It usually happens around my birthday in May because I ask myself where this year went.

My weekend seemed to fly by pretty fast as well. Saturday Morning was spent making biscuits and drinking a hot cup of tea. I am so thankful for the time that I get to spend in the Kitchen with my Grandma. While she is not a huge fan of baking or cooking in general, she will always get her hands dirty to help me and show me how to do things the way she was taught. To me that is the heart of cooking; the passing down of an art through family, generation to generation. Food definitely brings people together ya'll!

Sunday night my Church had a night of worship which was the perfect way to end the weekend. I love spending time with my church family outside of the normal Sunday Sermon and Thursday Small Group. There is always lots of good conversation over a potluck meal followed by praise and worship. I love that this time the youth group performed a few songs one of which I have been listening to a lot lately because the vocals are so pretty called 'Oceans (Where Feet May Fail)' by Hillsong.

FUN FINDS
·· Emma Watson will play Belle in a live production of Beauty and The Beast!
·· Madison of The Wetherills Say I Do recently shared Three Tips to Better Food Photography!
·· My latest obsession is with Terrariums and I am googly-eyed over this one from Urban Outfitters!

WHAT YOU MAY HAVE MISSED
·· Deviled Eggs + My Perfect Pantry
·· Fresh Homemade Salsa
·· Finding Your Voice

Did you have a quiet or exciting weekend?

4 comments:

  1. Can I just say that I love your picture at the top of this post?! Sounds like a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This week IS going by really fast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a perfect weekend! Love Ms. Madisons Three Tips for Food Photography as well! Also, had a look at that deviled eggs recipe. YUM. UGHHH.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love how food brings people together! I'm always down for cooking with friends or family, or just cooking for them!

    ReplyDelete