Friday, January 16, 2015

Finding Your Voice

This past weekend as I drove home from a Peony Project Meet-Up with Madison of The Wetherills Say I Do & Gina of Gina-Alyse, two fellow NC Bloggers, I was talking about how I had not yet found my niche as a blogger. I mainly categorize myself as lifestyle, and love talking about a lot of things but had no clear vision. The other night I decided to switch over to my own domain and after some serious thought, I knew I needed to rebrand myself.

I wanted something that would encompass all of the topics I wanted to cover but still have one main theme. That's when I started brainstorming and thinking about who I am and what my voice is. What you see before you is the product of all those thoughts! I realized that more often then not, I am in the kitchen when life happens. A kitchen is not only where you cook food for friends and family. It's where you drink your morning cup of coffee and think about your day. It's where you have friends over for ice cream socials. It's where you write your blog posts about what happened today.
The other thing I want to ring true to this space is that you know who I am and that everything you see is a reflection of me. I have been inspired by so many women in the blogosphere and I hope that as you read my blog, you find yourself feeling that same way. I am really looking forward to this new year and all that the future holds for me. I have high hopes for this year and plan on working harder than ever to achieve my goals.

What kind of things would you like to see on Lauren's Kitchen the Blog this year?


2 comments:

  1. I love reading this girl! I'm so glad you feel like you're started to find your niche and figure out your goals for blogging! So excited to see how this year unfolds for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! So much life occurs in the kitchen. Perfect for your blog.

    ReplyDelete