Monday, December 15, 2014

Peanut Butter Cheesecake Pudding Cookies


One of the things I love doing is baking cookies. It is one of the most versatile treats there is. I love to make a big batch and then freeze individual portions so that you can bake a dozen and have them be fresh and warm out of the oven. I also love to gift people with baked goods. Putting a smile on someone’s face with some home made baked goods absolutely makes my day. When I saw the opportunity to participate in The Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap I jumped at the chance! How it works is that you get matched with three other food bloggers, and you send them each a box of cookies. Three other bloggers are matched with you and they in turn send you one box of cookies each. The other awesome aspect is that it is raising awareness for the Childhood Cancer Foundation: Cookies for Kids Cancer. This year they raised over $12,00 for research--how awesome is that?!

I received Triple Chip Pudding Cookies from Alyssa at Whats Cooking Love and Shortbread Cookies from Stace at Treats 4 Tatas. It looks like my third box is still en-route, but keep an eye on my Instagram for a reveal! I sent my three boxes of cookies to A Spicy Perspective,Garlic My Soul, and The Marvelous Misadventures of a Foodie.
For the cookies that I baked, I wanted it to be something new but also something classic. They also needed to be sturdy enough so that when I shipped them they wouldn’t break into a million pieces. One of my all time favorites is Peanut Butter Cookies. They always come out soft and chewy and just absolutely delicious. Recently I have seen a lot of recipes for cookies that include boxed pudding mix.
These cookies came out so soft and they tasted great. I love that the cheesecake pudding adds an extra depth of flavor. When I had family try a few they were surprised by the added taste and how well it blended. To top these delicious cookies off and give them some extra flair, I dipped them in chocolate. Who can resist a Peanut Butter Cookie dipped in Chocolate!

Peanut Butter Cheesecake Pudding Cookies

Ingredients

1/2 c Peanut Butter
1/2 c Butter, softened (I use unsalted)
3/4 c Brown Sugar
3/4 c Granulated Sugar
2 Eggs
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tbsp Hot Water
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
2 1/4 c All Purpose Flour
Package Cheesecake Instant Pudding Mix (Vanilla will also work)
2 Bars Melting Chocolate for Dipping (optional)

Instructions

Beat together the peanut butter, butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until creamy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating in between each addition. Add the Vanilla. Dissolve the baking soda into the hot water (note it will not full dissolve, just helps to mix it in) and mix into batter. Add the flour and pudding and mix until combined.

Scoop by rounded tablespoons onto baking sheet. Use a fork to press a criss cross into the cookie dough.

Bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes, until the bottoms are golden and the middle is set. Oven time will vary so be sure to check the first batch and adjust accordingly. Let cool on the baking sheet. Use the double boiling method to melt your baking chocolate on the stove. Dip each cookie in the melted chocolate and let cool on wax paper to harden. It is best to leave them overnight and in a cool dry place. Otherwise the chocolate will not set.

What is your favorite cookie to bake?

If you are interested in participating in The Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap next year click here and they will notify you as it gets closer!

4 comments:

  1. I don't even like peanut butter, but those cookies look so good! I'll have to try them for a cookie swap coming up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yum! Send me some! I want to eat these right now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look INSANELY delicious! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

    Chloe | http://www.wanderlustinthemidwest.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, these look so good! Usually I'm not big on peanut butter cookies, but dipping them in chocolate is a whole 'nother story. Yum!

    ReplyDelete