Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Community Brew Vol. 7

I can feel the end of this year starting to wrap up and I can't help but feel happy that it's over. I am also glad that I am ending the year with some serious drive and ambition for so many aspects of my life. Taking time to slow down in these last few weeks to reflect and regroup is also necessary. The one thing I focus on most though is thinking of others more than focusing on myself. Even the smallest notion can bring a world of Joy to someone.

Romans 15:1 || Proverbs 11:24-25
What does generosity mean to you during the holiday season?
Why and how are we called to be generous as believers?
How is generosity a theme in your life?

Over the years I have learned a lot about what it means to be generous and not always just when it comes to the holiday season. I have always loved being able to do something small for everyone in my life just to let them know that they are special to me and that I am thinking of them. A few months ago the Pastor at my church was talking about giving to the church and to the community and that nothing is ever too small. For me generosity is sharing what you have been blessed with, with those who are not as fortunate. It is almost like being back in High School and bring a member of the Key Club who would do Toy Drives and Fundraisers. More than that we are called to be generous in other ways. Whether that is sitting with a friend when they need someone to listen or to lend a hand to a community during a time of need.

I have learned that Jesus has given more to me than I will ever be able to give to him. Everyday I evaluate how I can give him glory and show him that I am following in his footsteps. I take what He teaches me and use it to encourage and strengthen those around me. Whether believers or not, I know he lives in me and continues to teach me so I can lead others to Him.

I love Romans 15:7 "Therefore welcome one another as Christ has welcomed you, for the glory of God." In the last year I have become more welcoming than ever before and opening my heart without judgement. This is something I have been working on and focusing on more lately. As I was welcomed with open arms, I should also welcome others with open arms into my life.

I want to give a special thank you to Madison of The Wetherills Say I Do and Rachel of Oh Simple Thoughts for creating and posting this amazing link up this year! It has brought so much to light and welcomed me into this wonderful community of faith bloggers. I am so thankful for that and cannot wait to see what the new year holds!

What role does generosity play in your life during the holiday season?

No comments:

Post a Comment