Sunday, November 2, 2014

Renew Retreat Fall 2014

After months and months of waiting I was so lucky to have spent a weekend in the mountains of Tennessee with all of these wonderful ladies pictured below. Driving across the entire state of North Carolina to get to Tennessee was one of the most beautiful drives I have ever taken. Seeing all the leaves changing color and feeling the crisp Fall air with the windows down was an experience in itself.

Jenna || Kaitlin || Jenni || Kristen || Robyn
Jessa || Madison || Rachel
Amy || Meg || Meg || Bailey || Lisa || Carrie

In the months leading up to the retreat, we had all talked in a group message and formed relationships. Being able to finally meet everyone in person was amazing. These are some of the sweetest girls I have ever met. I feel lucky to have been able to create friendships with them and to have this weekend to get to know them better. Also, Madison & Rachel are such good cooks ya'll! The we had lasagna night and taco night and everything was just YUM.

We were set up in a gorgeous cabin in the mountains of Sevierville, TN. The view from the balcony was absolutely breathtaking. I am pretty sure I could wake up to that every morning. Saturday morning a few of us sat out on the balcony talking, enjoying delicious biscuits, and crocheting. It was like hanging out with friends I have known for a lifetime.
Saturday we went into Gatlinburg, to explore and have lunch. That city is like no other. So many things to see and do. That night we hung out and spend some time talking about blogging and other things. We had a time of prayer and reflection. Everyone went around the room and shared something that they would like the group to pray for in their lives. More than anything, I love that we are a community of women who can rely on each other through the good times and bad. Faith brought us together and will continue to thrive in our lives.

At the end of the weekend I found myself just filled with this new confidence. There was part of me that was timid about walking into a cabin full of women I had never met before, and months ago I would never even had considered it. Leaving I knew that at that exact moment I was right where He wanted me to be. Pushing me and empowering me to live my life and to enjoy all of the wonders that come along with opening yourself and your life up to others to form bonds and friendships with strangers as He did.
I got to take home one of the best swag bags as seen below. Our Renew Totes were filled with all kinds of wonderful goodies. Check out the links below and stop by all of these wonderful vendors shops. I've already found a home for all of these goodies.
There is something so sincere about having handmade things in your house. It's like having a bunch of friends while supporting local artistry!

-Riley Writes Scout: Hymn Print- -LavenderandLinen: Headbands- -Mollie and Lou: Plastic Cups-
-Shop Jessa Olson: Hair Ties- -KnotaDream: Coffee Cozy- -Steph Loves Ben: Felt Garland-
-Dearest Love: Bag Tags- -OhSimpleJoys: Tote Bags/Apple Cider Caramels-
-Vintage Home Studio: Towel- -Gingerly Styled: Burlap Prints- -Caravan Sonnet: Scripture Buntings-
-Sweet Aroma Coffee- -The Biscuit Shop: Biscuits-


3 comments:

  1. I had so much fun!! I am so glad that I got to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This retreat sounds amazing! I have really enjoyed reading everyone's posts about it. I'm so going next time! It sounds like such a fun and refreshing time. I have known most of the ladies that went through their blogs for a long time, so it will be so cool to meet in real life someday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was so great meeting you, Lauren!

    ReplyDelete