Thursday, November 27, 2014

Giving Thanks

I am thankful for...

// My family who have supported me during this tough year and a half as I have started and lost two new jobs. If it wasn't for your encouragement, I'm pretty sure I would have given up on ever working again. We have also been spending a lot of time apart and I miss them all so much. I am lucky to have them trust me as I follow my hopes and dreams and continue to split my time between North Carolina and New Jersey

// My friends who have been superstars this year! It was so tough to move and leave two close friends who I have come to count on for everything. Luckily we have kept our friendships stronger than ever and I hope we continue to do so. Also, I was beyond blessed to make a new friend (who I know will read this!) This girl is my rock and my soul sister. I can't believe we only just became friends now because I feel like I have known her forever and she continues to lift me up during all of this chaos. Having this new friendship has been so much fun, thank you for being the best friend a girl could ask for. I have also been forging a lot of blog world friendships and that has been so rewarding. I am learning so much about myself by talking with all of you. You inspire me and bring out the confidence in me to be myself.
// My Boyfriend who has stayed by my side during this roller coaster ride of long distance love. We have had so much happen this year that has been both good and bad and I am happy to say that we have a bright future together. I am so glad that the universe is working overtime to bring us back together so we can start our lives together in a new city finally living on our own. I am so thankful to have the opportunity to continue on this adventure with you.

// Church Family I never knew that I could find myself in a group of strangers and feel like an open book. I am so thankful to have been brought to this place where I can share and learn with an amazing group of people I otherwise would never have known. They all bestow so much wisdom and support on me, it is like an outpouring of love.

// All I have learned this year and for how much He has helped me to grow. I am 100% a different person than I was a year ago. I am more trusting and open than ever before. The self confidence I have gained is overwhelming. If you told me a year ago that I would go to a cabin with 14 strangers and spend the weekend getting to know them I would have thought you were crazy. Being in a new city has taught me so much independence. I am hoping for the same outcome should another move be in my near future. I am thankful that you continue to watch over me during this tough season. I know you will continue to lead me down the path I am meant to follow. You are showing me everyday what that is and I am hopeful there are some big things in my future.

What are you thankful for?

6 comments:

  1. Lauren, it sounds like you've had such a trying year. But you also sound like you have a wonderful support group in your boyfriend, family, friends, church, and your faith. It's a good person who can remember the good in their life during the hard times! :)

    Oh, and my husband and I did long distance before we were married, for a year - between Canada and Australia. So you guys can do it, I have faith! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! It's amazing to see how much we are blessed once we put it all into perspective. I love this verse from Thessalonians. The apostle Paul always gave thanks and showed gratitude, even in the difficult times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! So much to be thankful for!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving, friend! I'm glad to be one of your blogging friends. I loved this update on your life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved this post! Sounds like The Lord knew just what you needed in that new friend! Don't you love when The Lord works things out for us. He did the same thing recently for me. He brought three wonderful girls in my life at just the right time. :)

    ReplyDelete