Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Blogsgiving Dinner

The thing I love most about Thanksgiving other than giving thanks, is that you get to cook so much food! Most people do not look forward to being in the kitchen all day, but I do. To me sharing food with family and friends is more than just eating, its about sharing memories. It is about sharing who you are through the food that you cook. There is something endearing about eating a pie that is 'handmade with love' rather than the one you picked up at the grocery store.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I will not be celebrating Thanksgiving this year the way I normally do. With all of my family being in limbo in different states, we thought it best to keep things low key this year. I recently share my ideas for how I would decorate my table and home in Blogsgiving Decorations and today I would like to share the recipes I would use to put together my Thanksgiving dinner.

For the past couple of years I have kept all of my dishes standard. I would make the Green Bean Casserole, Marshmallow Sweet Potatoes and a festive pie. Lately, I have been reading so many posts with these amazing dishes that are similar yet reinvented. Next year, I will definitely venture out from what I normally make to try recipes like the ones I am sharing with you. The other important thing to note is that all of the recipes below are from some of my favorite bloggers! They are all so inspiring with their recipes, I just had to share.
1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5 // 6
clockwise from top left
As far as breakfast is concerned, no one wants to eat a huge meal knowing what the day entails. I would make something simple like an Egg, Tomato, and Scallion Sandwich by Gina at Skinnytaste. It keeps things like and fresh so you don't start your day feeling weighed down. Next I would serve a warm drink like a Slow Cooker Cranberry Apple Cider by Jenna at A Savory Feast for people to sit around and watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade with because no matter what, I will watch this every single year. I love seeing which balloons are new and watching old favorites.

The highlight of the day would be the Turkey and I love how The Kitchn gives an in-depth look at what your day will entail in how to prepare your Turkey. They have been my go to learning resource for all things Kitchn lately. The one thing you must have at Thanksgiving dinner is a potato dish and I love this amped up version of Cheesy Potatoes by Madison at The Wetherills Say I Do. This dish takes potatoes to another level ya'll. I have been so into fresh veggies lately andI love finding ways to keep them new and exciting. I love this take on Loaded Skillet Green Beans by Jessica at How Sweet Eats. Now for the best part, dessert! I have been drooling over this Nutella Pound Cake by Jenna at Dearest Love since she shared a picture of it as a teaser.

What dishes would you serve at your Blogsgiving Dinner? Do you serve traditional dishes or think outside the box?

4 comments:

  1. This sounds like a delicious dinner! Thank you so much for including my Cranberry Apple Cider. It's perfect for sharing with friends and family during the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That green bean casserole photo loooks so yummy! I will have to click through to see the recipe because I am making it this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nutella is taking over the world! (And I'm fine w/that! LOL!) Hi via TPP!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post is fantastic! I tend to stick with making my classic (and somewhat boring) go-to dishes every year and I really need to get better about branching out and trying something new. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete