Thursday, November 20, 2014

Blogsgiving Decorations

For the first year, I will not be celebrating Thanksgiving. Not say I am completely ignoring it, but more skipping the big celebration. With my family being all over the the place, and waiting to see which state I will be in in the coming weeks, I decided to keep things low key and just have a relaxing Holiday. After Christmas, Thanksgiving is my favorite Holiday. I love having tons of family and friends together to give thanks for all kids of wonderful things in the past, present and future, and also to cook so many wonderful dishes.

In lieu of celebrating, I will be having a Blogsgiving in which I share with you all of the pieces of my would be Thanksgiving. Hopefully next year, I will have a living space in which I can have family and make a Turkey. Until then, this will have to suffice!

1 // 2 // 3 // 4


The one thing I love about all Holidays are the decorations. It adds a little something to an already warm home. The great thing about Thanksgiving is that it gives you the chance to play up the beautiful colors of Fall. If I was putting together a Thanksgiving dinner this is what my table would be decorated with.

The simplest additions can make all the difference when you are hosting a Holiday. The cutlery holders add a polished looked to an otherwise plain place setting. It adds just a bit of elegance to your settings. Personalized name tags not only help your guests find their place at the table, but it is also sends a warm welcome. Seeing my name on a place card makes me feel like a special guest! The simple succulent centerpieces add an extra bit of flair to the table without making it impossible to see friends and family on the other side. I love that it also brings a little bit of outside in with the plant inside the mini pumpkin. One thing I am really into right now is having special Holiday signs. I would put this sign on a mantle or a small table for decoration. It ties everything together and is a great conversation starter for how crafty you were to make it!

Are you hosting Thanksgiving this year? How would you decorate your Blogsgiving table?

16 comments:

  1. My house isn't really big enough to host Thanksgiving dinner. I can't wait til we move in a few years and I can do things like that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have a fun Thanksgiving, even though you aren't celebrating this year. I like your idea of sharing Blogsgiving inspiration. These ideas are really cute, especially the "Give Thanks" sign.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally understand the entire "low key" Thanksgiving thing. Sometimes, it can be the most relaxing option! I love the decorations you picked out as inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Jenna, I love the "Give Thanks" sign! And the little succulents are so stinkin' cute! I love them all, I guess, so simple, and so elegant all at the same time. Thanks for sharing!

    Love and Blessings,
    Lacy

    www.thelainarchives.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am loving those decorations! They are just precious and super natural-- right along with the Thanksgiving theme!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not good at decorating but I do admire a nicely decorated themed home.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I use to host Thanksgiving all the time when I lived in the states. It wasn't big just a few people but it was my tradition. I love the utensil holder above.Once I return, I will add that. It's so cute and practical.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow I love this decoration, I am a decoration expert as well. Please do check my blog where I share my post about designing Interior and Exterior http://www.colorsandjoy.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree that holiday decorations make the home feel more warm. I hope you share a Thanksgiving meal this year with someone special even if you can't be with your family! Thanksgiving is also my favorite holiday to share with family and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the decor. I always decorate for Christmas but don't do anything for Thanksgiving and I need to change that. I love a low key holiday gives me a chance to rest and catch up on reading

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely love the little personal details in decoration during the holidays. It helps to make the celebration a bit more personal. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those decorations are beyond cute !!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hold the phone... these are all so incredible! I can't wait until next year when you can finally make it happen!

    xo,
    Marissa
    www.makinitwithmarissa.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful inspiration! This is the second year we are away from our extended families for Thanksgiving. I'm actually excited about it because we've started our own traditions like decorating the Christmas tree on Thanksgiving, which is usually put off until the week after due to traveling to see family, and enjoyed only for a few weeks before Christmas due to traveling to see family for Christmas. This year we're home for both, which makes it stress free & low key! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete