Saturday, October 4, 2014

Fresh Homemade Salsa

One of the things I am trying to do, is to share more recipes. With it being Football Season, I figured it would be the perfect time to share my go to salsa recipe. I learned to make this from my Dad, who would throw this together on Sunday's in the Summer. When I finally got a recipe book and asked him to write down the recipe his response was "A little bit of this, a little bit of that." I made this for the first time in a while a few weeks ago after going to the farmers market and finding some beautiful Roma Tomatoes that I could not pass up.


This isn't the type of salsa you find at restaurants or in a jar by any means. It is so fresh and chunky and just delicious! You can make this recipe all year long. I love to put it together if I am going over to a friends house to watch a movie or have game night. It comes together so easily, that you can make it on the fly. You basically just chop everything up and you are ready to go. This recipe will feed 2-4 people and can easily be doubled, which I would recommend because it will go fast! You can also adjust the heat to your liking. If you like a little more spice, add a second jalapeño.


Fresh Homemade Salsa

4 Roma Tomatoes, chopped
1/2 c. Onion, chopped
1 Jalapeño, finely diced
1/2 can Green Chilies
2 Garlic cloves, finely diced
2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
2 Tbsp. Red Wine Vinegar
1 Tbsp. Lime Juice
Pinch of Salt

Put all ingredients in a bowl, mix and serve with a side of tortilla chips. You can also make this the day before you plan to eat it, so the flavors develop.

No comments:

Post a Comment