Saturday, October 25, 2014

Fiesta Stuffed Peppers

Last month I went to my first Pot Luck dinner with my church.I usually cook and bake for just my family and friends so when the opportunity came around to share with my church family I was really excited. When I was signing up, I couldn't choose what to make. I wanted something that would be a fun small bite so I went with these awesome little appetizers.
These little peppers are not only easy to make, they're so pretty to look at. Don't be fooled by these peppers, they aren't hot at all! I also love that they come in all shapes and sizes because it makes it that much more fun to serve. Unfortunately on their way to the pot luck dinner, they slid all over in the pans and didn't look too pretty, but as long as people said they tasted good, that's all that matters.

Fiesta Stuffed Peppers

1 Large bag of small Multi Color Bell Peppers
8 oz. Cream Cheese
3/4 c. Monterey Jack Shrededded Cheese (or a mixture of Pepper Jack & Cheddar)
2 tsp. Lime Juice
1/4 tsp. Cumin
1/4 tsp. Cayenne Pepper (optional or as desired)
Garlic Powder

Cut the tops off the peppers and then slice them lengthwise. Scrape out the insides of any seeds or extra flesh. I used a small spoon and it worked great!

Mix together Cream Cheese, Monterey Jack Cheese, Lime Juice, Cumin and Cayenne. If you are mixing this by hand, I suggest waiting for the cream cheese to soften. Then put it back in the fridge to let it chill. If you mix it with a stand mixer, you won't need to do so. I found that when the filling was chilled it kept it from running out of the peppers.

Stuff the mixture into the peppers being sure not to over fill or else they will run everywhere! I filled mine level with the sides. Sprinkle with Garlic Powder and put into the oven at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes. They should lightly brown on the top and look like melted cheese. Plate, serve and Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Mouth.watering.
    These look so amazing and so easy. I'm totally on a bell pepper kick right now!

    ReplyDelete