Wednesday, October 1, 2014

-Currently October-

There are so many reasons that I look forward to October. The first being that to me it is the true first month of Fall, because September is so warm in the South. The second being that one of my favorite artists, Andrew McMahon, wrote this song called, Annie Use Your Telescope and the first lyrics are "It started feeling like October...", and I always think of that melody when October rolls around. I am also excited to say that I am going to take the plunge and Blog Every Day in October! I am really excited for all of the wonderful posts I am putting together to share with you. While you are here enjoying Day 1, take a moment and Stop by to say hello to Jenna of Dearest Love and Anne of Anne in Residence to see what they are currently into.


smelling: Flannel Candle from Bath and Body Works. They always have the most AMAZING combination of scents for candles and this fall scent will sweep you away.

loving: Flannel Plaid Shirts. It's barely cold enough to wear them; living in the south its cold in the morning, and warm in the afternoon. I wear them anyway though!

planning: Study Sessions for the She Reads Truth series 'This is the Bible' and 'Open Your Bible'. We are also going to be reading the book "The Best Yes" by Lysa Terkeurst in my Women's Bible Study group, which you should all check out because it looks amazing.

baking: Pumpkin Bread. I only recently started eating pumpkin flavored things and boy was I missing out! This was the first pumpkin flavored food I experienced and I have become addicted to it. Oddly enough, I am still not a fan of Pumpkin Pie though, so don't expect to see a recipe for that here anytime soon!

celebrating: My two very best friends got engaged in the past two months and I could not be happier for them. I am so happy to be able to celebrate their love story with them as they move onto the next journey in their lives together.

7 comments:

  1. I love this link up! I'm loving the beginning of Fall, too. I just got the She Reads Truth app and have been going through the Open your Bible study. I want to read The Best Yes, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just got it and I am three chapters in and seriously love it!

      Delete
  2. I'm not much of a pumpkin thing eater myself because I do not like pumpkin pie, but recently sampled some sort of gooey pumpkin bar when I was wandering through Williams Sonoma, and it was amazing. My eyes are opened :) Your bread sounds great too! Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds delicious! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  3. Their fall candles are seriously incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  4. flannel and plaid--YES. it has been cool enough to wear it the last couple of mornings. i hope the weather actually stays cool this week! like you, i'll probably wear it anyways. ;)

    thanks for linking up with us!

    ReplyDelete