Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Community Brew Vol. 2

I started my new journey to learning more about faith and growing my relationship with Him only how it related to myself and my life. As I have spent time reading blogs from fellow bloggers who are married and have expanded their relationship with him to include their husbands, I look forward to when the time comes to be in that I am in the same position as I see how rewarding it can be. For now I focus on myself, and learn as much as I can about how my relationship will grow when I am married.

Ephesians 5:22-33
1 Corinthians 7:32-35
How has your "life stage" helped you grow in your relationship with Jesus?
What has God been teaching you about being single?
What is God teaching you about being a wife?
What lessons have you learned while being engaged?

When I moved from NJ to NC, I left behind a lot of family, all of my friends, and my boyfriend/best friend. I knew that I would be alone and would be forced to create new relationships. What I didn't expect was to find myself growing in my faith. Being alone and having the time to focus solely on myself has been more rewarding than I ever could have imagined. I have been so thankful to be guided to new friends who are able to teach me more about taking the leap of faith to learn more about having a relationship with Jesus rather than continuing down this path of questioning my religion.

community brew link up
I am really excited to linkup with Madison of Wetherills Say I Do and Rachel of Oh Simple Thoughts as I continue my journey on learning about faith.

Even though I am in a relationship, being alone in this new town makes me feel like I am single because I am not spending most of my time with my significant other. We do talk quite a bit and face time to keep our relationship in tact, but at the end of the day we are not spending actual time together so I have a lot of free time on my hands. Rather than worrying all the time about what may or may not happen, I have spent my time focusing on myself and doing things that I had not previously had the chance to do. I found myself longing for a relationship where I could talk to someone to get strength and hope in my journey. I have learned a lot in the past few months about life and how faith relates to everything I am going through. A few weeks ago, I heard a sermon at church about how we might question the path that we are on, and why things happen to us, but in the end He has our best interest in mind and that everything will make sense in the end.

That rings true to me in so many ways. A lot of why I strayed away from any religion was because I found myself constantly asking 'why'? Why are these things happening to me? Why am I not getting what I want in my life? I am now learning to believe that everything will work out for me in time whether I see that now or not. He will always be watching over me and guiding me along the way through this phase of life and into the next.


9 comments:

  1. It's amazing how much we learn and grow when we have so much "alone time" with God. I went through a season of my life like this a couple years ago and while I didn't want to be alone, it ended up being so good for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was definitely not enjoying being alone when I first moved, but I can't help but to think that it was all part of my path and that I was exactly where I needed to be!

      Delete
  2. I've been in a long distance relationship before and it's a weird feeling--you're together, but you don't actually do anything or go anywhere together. Sounds like this season has been a good learning experience for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a very weird feeling! When we are face timing, I feel like we are hanging out. We both just do things, and just talk to each other. It is a huge learning experience and one that is definitely testing my relationship and me personally!

      Delete
  3. Long distance can be so hard but it is literally one of the most rewarding things for your relationship (in my opinion!). It teaches you so much about communication and commitment. I'm so thankful that you're getting to enjoy alone time with God in a new city! It might feel lonely sometimes I'm sure but building those habits now will be so rewarding! Thanks for linking up with us! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The long distance has been teaching me a TON about communication for sure. Vin and I are so quick to get mad at each other and just stop talking because it's easier not being apart. We are learning that we have to work twice as hard, but that it is making is stronger. Thanks for hosting such an awesome link up!

      Delete
  4. What a time to grow! And I must say, I believe you'll be rewarded greatly for seeking The Lord when a lot of people would use their "alone time" to do other stuff. I know you can get a lot out of long distance relationships and actually, it can easily compare to our walk with Jesus....it's all about relationship and communicating on a daily basis!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so true! I am already seeing how rewarding it can be- I am lucky enough to have found a friend through the church that I feel like I have known forever. If I hadn't continued down that path, I wouldn't have met her. I am learning a lot about communication with Jesus for sure, and that has been my favorite part.

      Delete
  5. long distance is a tough one, but so worth it if the Lord has called you together! He will sustain you and carry you through. Also....so pumped you are joining us for the Renew Retreat! Cannot wait to meet you! :)

    ReplyDelete