Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Weekend Recap: Lemon, Lavender & Luke

This post is a day overdue, sorry for that! In the past few months, I haven't had all that much going on. This weekend was the COMPLETE opposite! I did so many things that once Monday Morning came along, I was asking myself where the weekend went.

Friday I went home from work with a horrible migraine. I haven't been that sick in a long time. Knock on wood I don't get that sick again anytime soon! I had a lot going on for the weekend so I was really glad that it didn't linger for too long. By dinner I was finally feeling better. The only upside to being home all day on Friday? The second season of Orange is the new Black became available on Netflix! I cant lie, I totally binged and watched the entire season in two days...oops. It was really good though, for a second season, It was full of surprises and humor which is why I watch it.


By the end of the night I finally felt better, so I decided to put my Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer Ice Cream Attachment to work and make my first batch for the summer! If you have a mixer, the Ice Cream Attachment is a must. It makes the process so quick and easy, I love it! I landed on a Lemon Basil Sherbert so I could use the fresh basil out of my garden. The sherbert tasted delicious, however there were a few things that I wanted to tweak. I doubled the amount of basil because I wanted the flavor more pronounced and because it is growing like crazy. This brought the flavor up quite a bit, but when I added in the lemon rind, it overpowered it and it was also too much for that small batch as I felt like it made the sherbet gritty. I am definitely going to make this again, but with the two revisions above and see how that goes. It does look really pretty in my Weck Jars though!

this is image #1this is image #3

Saturday morning I went to the Lavender Harvest Celebration at Sunshine Lavender Farm. Driving up to the farm you could smell the lavender, it was amazing. They had all kinds of wonderful activities including picking lavender to make crafts. They were also selling lavender ice cream and lemonade (which was delicious- I have to make both!). It was really pretty seeing rows of different kinds of lavender. I would have been happy laying in the fields like you would if you were making a snow angel.

this is image #1this is image #3

Saturday night my mom and I went to see Maleficent and it was phenomenal! I really give Disney props for taking a villain and making her likeable. It also helped that Angelina Jolie was perfect to play the role and Elle Fanning was a wonderful Sleeping Beauty. Disney has been putting out a lot of great movies lately which makes me happy because I still to this day watch a lot of Disney movies and love them.

I spent the day on Sunday basking in the warm NC sun and reading my latest book, Eleanor & Park. Then the highlight of the weekend...LUKE BRYAN CONCERT! For all of the exciting things I did this weekend, this was the best part. I love Luke Bryan...no seriously...I L-O-V-E him. I saw him a few years ago when he was opening for Jason Aldean and putting out Tailgates & Tanlines and then overnight he became a superstar. The show was so great, he doesn't even have to do much other than move his hips and shake his butt while singing to be entertaining. There were plenty of swoon worthy moments. You can stop by my Instagram page to see those! His set list was really good to in that every song was a hit-there was not a moment that I did not find myself singing every word to every song.

I hope everyone else had a great weekend!
Thanks to Dateless in Dallas and Showered With Design for hosting!


Dateless in Dallas

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like an awesome weekend! Minus the migraine of course. I have been getting a lot of them lately because storms tend to trigger them for me and we get a lot of storms this time of year in Florida. The lavender pictures are beautiful! I would LOVE to go to something like that. And of course, who doesn't love some Luke Bryan? :)

    ReplyDelete