Friday, June 13, 2014

Goodbye Week, Hello Weekend!

TGIF!! No really, I am extremely happy that it is Friday. More so than normal because it has been a long week. I think it has to do a lot with the month of June having no holidays so the time between Memorial Day & the 4th of July feels longer than it should. After last weekend being super busy, it looks like this weekend is going to be relaxing and quiet. I would like to spend the majority of my time on Saturday at the pool and the majority of my time on Sunday at the Food Truck Rodeo! But first, here's a little recap of my week.

this is image #1this is image #3this is image #3
One. Even though it's only been 3 weeks since I have seen my guy, I am missing him a lot the past couple of days. This is not even the longest stretch we have been apart, but it is the only one where we do not have any plans to see each other set at the moment. There is usually something to look forward to or at least counting down the days til when we will be together again, but not this time. Hopefully once I am past my 90 days at work and can finally take time off we will be able to plan a weekend trip to the beach.

Two. I have officially become addicted to reading books. I really think my brain is thirsty for new books. During the year I go through a lull, as I am not as inspired to read as much in the Winter. I think this has a lot to do with when I used to be in school and would not have as much time during the school year to read books for fun, so I always waited for the summer to pick up again. Maybe it's because I rather be on a beach or by the pool on a sunny day getting lost in a story than sitting in my room on a cold dull day. Either way it has been really fun catching up on some books that I had wanted to read and finding a lot of new ones that I can't wait to dive into.

Three. Yesterday I go to work from home which was AMAZING! I wish I could do this everyday. I didn't have to wake up and get ready extremely early and I got to enjoy a nice breakfast while answering my morning emails. The other big perk is being able to have the sun shine in from the window in my room. My office at work is void of any natural light during the day which makes it somewhat sad when I walk out at the end of the day and it's beautiful outside.

Four. I finally took the plunge and got my hair done yesterday after I got out of work and HELLO I HAVE BANGS! I am absolutely obsessed with them. I have been wanting to cut my bangs like this for a long time, but was always afraid to do it. I had front bangs right through HS and then just decided they needed to go and went with the side sweep. Which I loved, but they were getting quite annoying the past few months and to the point where they didn't add anything to my look. So here are my new bangs in all their beauty! I also was able to go back to blonde which makes me really happy because it looks so much better in the Summer.

Five. After hearing Linda Mendible from www.lindamendible.com speak at the NC Blogger Meet Up a couple of weeks ago, I became really inspired to follow her advice and create series for blog posts. I have been working hard the past week to hone in on what I want to do and FINALLY have some things put together. It is really easy to stray from the path and not drive your brand to your audience. I hope that this will help me to move forward with that and bring more consistency to my readers. So stay tuned as some new series start popping up!

I hope everyone has a great weekend! Leave a comment and let me know what you will be up to :)


1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see what you have coming! I started a new weekend series myself. Oh and I LOVE the bangs!

    Stacy
    www.anygirlcandoit.com

    ReplyDelete