Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Memorial Day Weekend Recap

Happy Tuesday! I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday weekend. I kept my schedule light so I could get some much needed R&R (Rest & Relaxation). Like waking up on Saturday morning and knowing that you don't have anywhere to be or anything to do. I finally spent time Saturday morning cleaning my car inside and out and boy did it need it. Moving from NJ to NC when I did, the weather was so different, so my car was still covered in the winter salt from the icy NJ roads. The inside was even worse because I had been taking so many trips back and forth, it seemed like there was an endless amount of work to be done.


I did finally get it all clean, shiny and smelling good. There was a lot of elbow grease used to get everything spic and span. I then spent the next 10 minutes staring at my car with a funny grin on my face saying 'I'm so happy I chose this car,' because that was a tough decision to make when I decided to get an SUV at the end of my lease term this time instead of another car. If anyone is on the hunt for an SUV I highly recommend the Honda CRV. It is really great on gas and the overall size is perfect for many situations. The car drives like you're on a cloud, it's so great for road trips. Don't let the Ford Escape commercials fool you when they say that people went from a Honda CRV to a Ford Escape because the Escape is so much better...it's not. AND my favorite part is the way it syncs with my phone and iPod so I can be hands free on the road. I promise you this post isn't sponsored...I just really love my car!


This absolutely made my weekend! If you haven't seen any of the CMT Crossroads shows, you seriously have to. They combine a Country artist with someone out of their genre to do what they call a 'Crossroads'. For example, Taylor Swift and Def Leppard or Keith Urban and John Mayer. They play a combination of both of their songs which is really neat. When I saw Kacey's tweet that she was paired up with Katy Perry, I just died of happiness because that is going to be an AMAZING show!

Clockwise from L to R: Jalapenos, Basil, Sweet Mint, Lavender, Pickling Cucumbers and Tomatoes

Lastly, I am finally happy to share that my plants are alive and growing! I think I have finally gotten my green thumb as these plants love me. I have been diligently watering and feeding, and talking to them, coaxing them to grow and they are. I really believe that the NC clay dirt has been a huge helper as it provides excellent drainage for the plants and some breathing room as well. Even more, the things I have been able to taste are delicious! I use the mint for so many different things and the fresh basil on a caprese panini is just fabulous. Now that everything is so abundant I have to find recipes to do something fun with it all. I already plan to pickle my cucumbers and jalapenos, but I saw a recipe for Lemon Basil Sorbet that has my name written all over it.

I spent the rest of my weekend watching college softball on ESPN. It is my favorite time of year, as I have probably talked about it all too much on here. I ended my night with a 2 mile walk around the development where I live. There are times that I get the urge to just walk off my problems, and that's what I did. It also motivated me to get back to the gym tonight so I am looking forward to that!

Leave a comment and tell me what you did this weekend!

Thanks to Dateless in Dallas and Showered With Design for hosting!


Dateless in Dallas

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great Memorial Day Weekend! I really enjoyed the long weekend, it was very relaxing and refreshing. I was able to take a nice break from school, work and blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a nice weekend!

    interesting cmt crossroads! but sounds like it would be good.

    cute blog!

    ReplyDelete