Friday, May 9, 2014

Five on Friday

I am finally settling into my new job and into being a resident of North Carolina. It feels like I am finally where I belong. I can now relax and start to enjoy all the fun things in the area. There is so much more to do here than where I lived in NJ, that it is almost too hard to pick which things to do because I want to do them all! This week has finally felt like I am not struggling to get through the week, but am enjoying everything that comes my way.


One. Life can get really hectic for me and I Find myself feeling negative about everything. There were times where I really felt like I was never going to achieve any of the goals I have in life. After moving to NC, I started going to a local church that my Aunt & Uncle attend. The first sermon that I heard was about the phrase "What You focus on expands." The pastor went on to explain that if you only focus on the negatives, that is all you will see. Instead, focus on all the positives, what you have to be thankful for, and you will only see positives. I find this to ring true everyday in keeping my eyes toward the future and not on the past. To keep myself centered, I put this up on my wall at work to remind me when things get tough to always be positive.


Two. After hearing so many good things about Popchips, I figured it would be worth giving them a try. I got the Salt & Vinegar ones because that is my absolute FAVORITE flavor of chips and they totally lived up to the hype! These are such a delicious snack and the best part is you can eat 23 chips for only 120 calories! To complete my trip to Target to pick up a bag of Popchips, I also got this lovely HGTV magazine, filled with so many fun summer ideas. I might need to add this to me magazine subscription list.


Three. A few weeks ago, I signed up to receive a free bag of popcorn seeds from Angies BoomChickaPop Popcorn and they finally came! I can't wait to get these planted and watch them grow. Who would have thought that you could grow corn in your backyard? The package was really cute and came with instructions and a little sign that says "BoomChickaPop" grows here. I have yet to taste a bag of the popcorn but they have so many great flavors that it might be too hard to pick.


Four. I have wanted a pair of Toms shoes for so long now and I finally decided that I would treat myself to an early birthday present. If you don't know about Toms they are a company that makes the shoes above, and for each pair that you buy, a pair is donated to a child in need. When they first started out, they had only solid colors. I had tried a pair on and they made my feet look way bigger than they already are. I couldn't pass these up though- they are so comfy and perfect for summer. For anyone looking to buy a pair, they do run a little small if you have wide feet and they also break in and are not as point as when you first get them and try them on. I already love these and need to get another pair for the fall.


Five. The end of the week is always so welcomed, but this week I was looking forward to it even more as my boyfriend was coming back to take another police test. Having a long distance relationship, takes a lot of work and a lot of strength. As soon as we are together though, all the hardships are gone and it feels perfect. I am very grateful that he is willing to move from NJ to NC for me, so we can start our lives together. I finally feel like things are coming together for us and can't wait until all the dust has settled. It is such a treat having him down here to visit, but I never want him to leave.

9 comments:

  1. I posted once, but it seemed to have disappeared!

    Welcome to the Carolina's! Carolina Girls, Best in the World! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is true! My dad's from NC so I've always been a Carolina girl...just living in NJ haha So glad to be here though, I love it!

      Delete
  2. Love your Toms! I'be been wanting some but still haven't bought any.

    "What you focus on expands"...I love that quote. It is so so true. Thank you for that reminder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely get a pair! They are wonderful.

      It really is one of my favorite quotes.

      Delete
  3. I might need to finally try Popchips, I would totally eat the whole bag though! Hopefully your BF is able to move down soon!

    I'm in NC too!

    -- Alex @ Thrifty Below

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Confession: I totally ate the whole bag in two days. They are addicting and then some! Luckily they aren't too bad for you otherwise I'd be spending more time in the gym trying to work them off than enjoying the time I eat them haha

      Thank you me too!! Hopefully it will be sooner than later.

      Where about in NC are you?

      Delete
  4. I have those same TOMS in black. They are wonderful! I've had them for probably more than 2 years and they're still going strong (which is a feat for me since I wear TOMS out fast). The color you got is so cute. I may have to invest in another pair.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pop chips are delish and those TOMS are so cute! I own 8 pairs of TOMS. Its kind of problem...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a happy birthday! Those TOMS are so cute, I really like that style. Someday I might treat myself to some, too.

    ReplyDelete