Friday, May 23, 2014

Five on Friday: Memorial Day Weekend Edition

I am more excited for it to be the weekend than normal because I have a 3 day weekend! Thank you Memorial Day! It has been a crazy week, so let's skip the small talk and get right down to it.

One. I inadvertently got a promotion at work since one of the employees left. I would be lying to say I wasn't excited. Of course I would prefer to earn it, rather than to be given a position by default or at a colleague's expense. However, I am having a blast! It has been a quick learning curve and within a week I am not doing the job full steam. I have finally gotten to the point in my career where I am excelling at a position and taking hold of it rather than always being second fiddle and just being a workhorse. Don't get me wrong, those are important too, but when you can take a hold of your job and just run with it, it is an exciting feeling. One of the best perks is that I got my own office! I am slowly adding things around the room that make it feel more personal. I am just thankful to have this opportunity.


Two. Unfortunately, the good news about work comes with some bad. I had the scary experience of being attacked by one of the owner's dogs that they bring into the office on occasion. I caught this poor guy on a bad day apparently and let's just say he did not like me very much. I can honestly say it was one of the most terrifying things to happen to me and I would not wish that experience on anyone. Thankfully the injuries were not as bad as the experience, but I did walk away with this lovely souvenir. The pic on the left is the initial after it happened picture. The one on the right is what it looks like today. After a short ER visit, a tetanus shot and a few meds, they sent me on my way.


Three. The road to the NCAA Women's College Softball World Series is under way so you will have to forgive me if I am glue to the TV for the next few weeks until the games are over. If you are not aware of all things college softball, this is every girls dream. I was lucky enough to catch my first live college softball game a few weeks ago when UNC Chapel Hill hosted Alabama. I have a few favorites coming into the series this year. My long time favorites, Alabama with Pitcher Jackie Traina and Tennessee with pitcher Ellen Renfroe. My dark horse team this year is FSU with Pitcher Lacy Waldrop, because she is really an amazing pitcher. I love that no matter how the game is going, she has a smile on her face and is just enjoying every minute of every game. If you have the chance to catch a game on ESPN or ESPNU, you're in for an exciting game.


Four. I found this little jem this morning before I came to work and i cannot stop listening to it. I didn't realize at the time, but this is a cover of Beyonce's "XO".



Five. I am going to take my 3 day weekend and relax, relax, relax. I can't believe that in a week it will be June 1st! Hopefully I can use this time to get my blog posts ready for the week rather than finding myself at Friday and wondering why I didn't get to any of my posts.

I hope you all enjoy your holiday weekends. Cheers!

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on the promotion and getting your own office! That is so exciting. Have a great Memorial Day Weekend! I am looking forward to a little R&R this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to Alabama so this is a good time of year for us! The dog bite looks worse than what you described. Uggg. Glad you are on the mend though!

    Stacy
    www.anygirlcandoit.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So bummed to report that Alabama fell to Florida in the WCWS. Maybe next year! It was that bad, I just downplay it because it scared the bajeesus out of me! haha

      Delete
  3. Oh my gosh girl, you weren't joking about that dog bite! So scary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was quite scary, but I'm good now. Just always a little skeptical about big dogs now unfortunately.

      Delete