Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Platching Catch Up

It's been such a roller coaster ride since March, that I don't even know where to begin! Things got so hectic that my priorities got a bit jumbled and things had to take the back burner, this blog being one of them. It totally bummed me out though because I was finally getting into a groove with my posts and growing my following. Luckily, my work-life balance is finally on the upswing and things are back on track.

My parents house in New Jersey finally sold so I had to take a trip up to help pack and drive everything that we could fit into a car down to North Carolina. It was a strange thing to drive away from a place that I called home for 15 years. Maybe if all our stuff hadn't been sitting there waiting for the moving truck, it would have seemed a little more normal. Either way, I am fitting right in here in North Carolina and I couldn't be happier with the choice I made to move. Life is all about taking risks to better yourself and your life, otherwise you live in the "shoulda, woulda, coulda's."

That brings us to our next order of business- I got a new job! When karma catches up to you, it can be totally unexpected, which is exactly how I landed this job. On a random average Wednesday, I got a call about an interview for a job that I applied to in October!! I was totally caught off guard and unprepared for how the rest of the time would fly by to get me to where I am now. (3 weeks into the new job and it's going great!) I am now a Project Coordinator for a partnership marketing company. To sum it up, when you see two brands that are separately owned, advertising their products together, there is a whole team of people who focus on just that sector of marketing. The coolest part is seeing everything that goes into making it possible for these two companies to work together. It's definitely not as easy at it looks on paper! I also have the opportunity to work with companies that organize blogger programs. Seeing all of those bits and pieces come together is really neat. Now I understand that if I don't get picked for an opportunity it really is because I don't always fit the demographics they are looking for. I can't wait to start seeing the results of all the great partnership programs I have been working on!

Now of course we all know the saying "Do you want to hear the good news or the bad news first." Luckily the bad news turned into good news pretty quickly. My grandmother who is 83, was diagnosed with breast cancer. She had someone looking out for her because he had surgery and is now cancer free. She is now going through precautionary measure to make sure it is 100% gone and will not be coming back anytime soon. I am proud to see how well she is handling everything and her strength is admirable. With the cancer being on my mom's side we are all a little worried about whether it is hereditary or not. I was assured by doctors that at her age that is not usually the case, but it will always be something that lingers in the back of my mind. All of this is a reminder of how important breast health is and how you should never skip an appointment to get checked.

That should bring us pretty much up to date. My boyfriend has been coming back and forth between New Jersey and North Carolina as he applies to police jobs and has tests to take. I know he doesn't enjoy all the traveling, but I am loving all the extra unexpected time we are getting to spend together. We are finally working on plans to have a future together and I couldn't be more excited.

I have a lot of great new posts in the works that I can't wait to share with everyone.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lauren! I got your sweet comment on my blog, thank you! :) I know exactly what it feels like to have so much going on that the blog falls on the back burner. Good to have you back! Congrats on the job!! :)

    http://neatly-packaged.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy you are back to blogging! And congrats on the blog!

    Lauren,
    http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

    ReplyDelete