Monday, July 1, 2013

This Weekend, I.....



This weekend was one of the busiest of the summer for me to date! I have been spending a lot of time relaxing and not overwhelming my schedule with things to do. This weekend however, had plans starting Friday at 1:00pm and ending Saturday at 1:00am. PHEW! It's exhausting to even say that.

I am lucky enough to have a cousin who I consider my little sister (I'm an only child). We spent Friday afternoon wandering through Target and then coming home to catch up on Dance Moms and cook dinner. I really enjoy spending time with her now that she is getting older. And by getting older I mean 12 years old. She is totally into just hanging out at home and having fun. We paint nails, watch Disney Movies and play games. I am so glad that I now have the little sister that I always wanted.

Saturday was probably the busiest day out of the 3. My cousin graduated High School this past week and my aunt was having a party for him. Being that I am very close to my aunt, I was there every step of the way for helping set up and prepare. There were only about 20 guests but it seemed like we prepared for a 3 day extravaganza. Either way it all paid off with a wonderful Candy & Music themed family party. I always look forward to family gatherings as I treasure the time I get with family that doesn't live close.

Sunday was spent with my aunt and uncle who came up from North Carolina for the party. We went to the Tim McGraw concert and had a blast! I had a little tailgating party out of the back of my car which believe it or not I have never done before. We got lucky as it was slated to rain since Noon and not one drop fell the entire night. It is not fun to be sitting/standing on a grassy muddy hill in the rain. You are guaranteed to slip at least one and come home covered in mud.

Luckily enough this week is a short week with the 4th of July on Thursday so as long as I can make it through 3 1/2 short days of work, another relaxing weekend is around the corner.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I really did thanks! Stay tuned for more weekend updates and thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  2. So glad you had a great weekend - especially with your cousin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's always nice spending time with family. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete